New City Afterschool @ Berean is an exciting program that serves students from the 3rd-5th grade on Thursdays from 3:30-6:00 PM at Berean Baptist Church. Each day involves games, homework time, Bible and/or Club time, and a snack. New City Neighbors needs an Afterschool Assistant to help plan and implement programming, and assist with set up and clean up. The Afterschool Assistant will attend staff meetings from 3:30 to 5:30 PM on Mondays, and work during the program from 3:00 to 7:00 PM on Thursdays. The Afterschool Assistant will work about 6 hours a week and be paid $10-$12/hour based on experience. Paid training will take place in September. Exact dates and times of training TBD. The position begins in September and ends in mid-May.
This position is a good fit for candidates interested in youth leadership development, non-profit program development, and community development work. Candidates must have experience working with children.
- Help with set up and clean up each day
- Tutor and assist students during educational activities and homework time
- Assist with all activities, help to plan and lead activities
- Assist with serving and preparing snack
- Assist with administrative duties
- Lead a small group during Bible Time
- Help organize high school staff
- Drive afterschool students to and from program in Berean vans
- Arrive on time for all shifts
- Professional and friendly to all students, parents, staff, and volunteers
- Have a passion or desire to work with youth
- Ability to be flexible and work together as a team
- Able to approach conflict management respectfully and appropriately
- Respectful participation in learning and devotional activities with the staff