The Executive Director is the key management leader of New City Neighbors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. New City Neighbors is expanding in reach and community impact and seeking an innovative Executive Director with a penchant and passion for community engagement, prosocial youth development, social justice, economic development, and social innovation.
About New City Neighbors:
Our vision statement is taken from Jeremiah 29:7 and we envision advancing a “…City of Peace and Prosperity”. In this sense, peace means more than “getting along,” it represents Shalom, which means a full-flourishing or holistic approach to our ministry of community restoration and development. This includes wholeness relating to spiritual, emotional, educational, economic and physical health. To accomplish this vision we believe our Mission is: Empowering youth to reach their full potential.
Candidates we are looking for:
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s or terminal degree and substantial work experience within or partnered with community-based, faith-based, food justice, and/or youth-serving organizations and a solid understanding of community engagement within those systems. The new Executive Director will screen, recommend, and co-author grants for funding; build relationships and coalitions locally; and partner with stakeholders to build, manage, scale and monitor a portfolio of programs aligned with New City Neighbors’s strategic framework. The Executive Director will be an active follower of Christ, build and maintain strong, authentic relationships and act as spokesperson, effectively communicating the organization’s goal of working in tandem with community to empower youth to reach their full potential. A deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, anti-racism work, along with diverse local and regional networks of contacts is desired. A successful Executive Director would be a holistic, entrepreneurial, and interdisciplinary thinker with a current understanding of broad social and economic forces affecting communities and families, demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs, and the skill to facilitate authentic, productive dialogue within diverse communities and settings. They will possess a strong team orientation, fund development acumen, the ability to adapt quickly to change, a natural learning orientation, and have demonstrated success working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
Essential Job Functions:
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Oversees implementation of programming.
- Engages internal and external stakeholders in visioning and strategic planning
- Is active and visible in the community and works closely with professional, civic and private organizations.
- Advances coalition-building and collaborative partnerships both within and beyond the Creston Neighborhood and greater Grand Rapids in a manner that strategically enhances the mission of New City Neighbors.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Leads New City Neighbors in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Financial Performance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Advances innovative approaches to elevating the visibility and expansion of New City Neighbors youth-driven social entrepreneurship entities.
- Operates within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- In coordination with board, staff, and volunteers; leads fundraising events, pursues grants, and develops other resources necessary to support New City Neighbors’s mission.
- Ensures New City Neighbors is fiscally responsible and provides a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements to the board, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Effectively oversees New City Neighbors operations.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, and professional development of internal staff.
- Signs all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation – $50,000 – $75,000 annual salary plus a healthcare stipend and paid time off
How to Apply:
Please submit, in digital form, a detailed letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org — Include “Executive Director Opportunity” and your name in the subject line of the email.
New City Neighbors values diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.