This is our 7th Annual New City Run! This fundraiser is about getting kids and adults in shape, but also about participating in the 5th/3rd River Bank Run to raise support for New City Neighbors’ summer programs. There will be more information to come, but we wanted to get the word out so you can join us and start moving and training!
This year the race is on May 13, and there multiple levels of participation for all ages:
- Kids can participate in the Fifth Third Junior Fun Run: This is a one mile or half mile race for kids ages 5 to 13, it is taking place on Wednesday, May 10 at 5:30pm.
- All ages are welcome in the following events on Saturday, May 13: 5k Walk, 5k Run, and 10k Run
- Adults and youth ages 14 and up are welcome to participate in the 25k Run on May 13.
Let me break this down:
- We’re looking for adults to walk/run in one of the walk/run events above.
- We’re looking for young kids to be a part of the Fifth Third Junior Fun Run.
- Every adult who runs is responsible for registering themselves with the River Bank Run.
- Every child who runs will be registered, and payed for by NCN.
- Everyone who runs for NCN and collects at least $50 in pledges gets a T-Shirt.
- Everyone gets invited to our celebration dinner on May 12.
- There will be a prize for the individual who raises the most pledges.
- All the kids who race will receive a special prize for participating!
For more information about the River Bank Run, click on this link.
To ask a question, or join our team, email Alaina at alainad@newcityneighbors, or call 616-970-4817.
To make a donation, click here.