Title: Program Director – Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Overview: New City Neighbors exists to empower youth to reach their full potential in the Creston neighborhood of Grand Rapids. New City Neighbors engages in holistic ministry with youth through Bible study, life skill development, job skill training, educational assistance, and mentoring.
The Program Director will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of New City Neighbor’s elementary student programs: New City Afterschool (school year program) and New City Breaktime (summer day camp).
The Program Director performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program– Plan the delivery of the overall programs and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization. This includes developing a weekly schedule of programming, writing Bible study curriculum, developing job skill training for high school staff, arranging transportation, and coordinating with our New City Farm and Kitchen Directors.
Organize the program– Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
Staff the program– Recruit, interview, and hire high school staff members for each program. In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program volunteers and ensure that all volunteers have passed a background check.
Lead the program– Supervise program staff and volunteers by providing direction, input and feedback.
Control the program- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures and monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation. Identify potential donors and grants that will help support the mission of New City Neighbors.
• University degree in Education, Youth Ministry or related field strongly preferred
• Passion for K-12 youth ministry with a focus on elementary age youth
• Knowledge of program management
• Knowledge and understanding of community based ministries
• Ability to develop cross-cultural relationships
• Ability to develop relationships with parents and students as well as staff and volunteers
• Ability to develop relationships with partner organizations (schools, churches, and etc.)
• 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
For more information on this job, and for an application, please contact Alaina Dobkowski at email@example.com.