Volunteer Opportunities: New City Afterschool
New City Afterschool (NCA) is a program open to all youth in the Creston neighborhood in 2nd to 5th grade. The program meets every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 to 6:00pm. NCA is focused on academic support, growing in faith, leadership, and learning new skills. Volunteers can come once a week or all three days. They can volunteer for an hour or stay for the whole time. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Tutor: Work one on one with a student or in a small group. This is an incredibly important part of our program as we strive to help students stay on track with their education. (T,W,TR- 4 to 4:45 PM)
- Club Leader: Do you have a special skill you’d like to share with our students? Are you an artist? Musician? Do you like games or sports? Share your skills with our students! Talk with us and see if there is a way you can get involved as a club leader. (6 week commitment, Thursday 4:45 to 5:30 PM)
- Bible Leader: Lead small groups of students to grow in their faith through stations or Bible studyThis position requires a commitment Oct-May. (Tues, 4:45 to 5:30 PM)
- Van Supervisor: Ride in the van with students as a second adult to provide supervision and foster positive interactions. (T,W,TR – 6:00 to 7:00 PM)
- Snack Provider: Bring healthy snacks for students once a week. (T,W,TR – 3:00 PM)
Have another idea? Feel free to let us know!
Volunteer Orientation will be held at New City Neighbors Thursday, September 27 from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
Volunteers must apply (click here for application) and pass a background check before working with children.
Contact Holly Hetherington with any qustions: email@example.com or 616-301-4768
Volunteer Opportunity: Board of Directors
The New City Neighbors Board of Directors will provide the support, leadership, and strategic development to help the organization effectively fulfill its mission. To read more about this position, read our board member position description. If interested in learning more, contact Alaina Dobkowski: firstname.lastname@example.org 0r 616-970-4817.